Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Mixed Media Bookmark with Sharon Harkness-Dobler

Hello everyone! I'm back with another of my mixed media projects!

Mixed Media Bookmark Yellow Rose Designs OOAK Artisans


Over the last few months, I decided that I would read more. I’ve ordered a couple of books that I can’t seem to put down. When its time for a break or bed, I don’t want to mark my place by turning down the corner of the pages. The perfect solution to my problem was to design a chic, stylish bookmark.


Mixed Media Bookmark Yellow Rose Designs OOAK Artisans


I created this one using Julie Nutter watercolor tags. 

The design for my bookmark is inspired by a watercolor illustration of a stylish lady dressed in black that I did a few years ago.

I’ve used various mediums including acrylic paints, Gelatos and washi tape. I also incorporated Silks acrylic paints and glitter for a bit of sparkle.

You can view my design process by clicking on the video below. I hope you enjoy the tutorial! ~ Sharon



You can see Sharon's work on the web:



On Instagram:  @yellowroseart
On Pinterest:  Yellow Rose Art
And on Youtube:  Yellow Rose Art

No comments:

Post a Comment