Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Sticks and Stones...a Wall Hanging with Jean Stambaugh Peter



Sticks and Stones ...I did not know for sure what this was going to be when I started it, but I knew the title would be Sticks and Stones! When starting this I noticed there were a lot of lines and circles; I think that is where the name came from. I am not good at naming my pieces so its a big thing coming up with a name so early!!


Jean Peter Sticks and Stones Wall Hanging OOAK Artisans



I took a lightweight canvas napkin (on clearance for $1.50 for a set of 4!!!) and painted it!! Using metallic paints and the 5x5 Gelli Plate I did a series of prints lined up to fill the square. Then I over-stamped with the circle plate. Grabbed me some acrylic paint, stencil, markers and brushes, and doodled and stenciled accents!! Then I thought of what it could be .. book cover? Journal? Wall hanging? Bag? Pillow? The Pillow was eliminated after sewing paper to it. 


I used scraps of other printed and painted fabric and papers, dictionary pages, scrapbook paper, and some awesome black and white fabric. I also did some wild stitching to add to the hand drawn doodles.

Jean Peter Sticks and Stones Wall Hanging OOAK Artisans

This whole project was way out of my normal colors, but the more I added the more I liked it!! There is a lot of elements that make me happy: the paper, paint, fabric, and sewing. I incorporated as many artsy loves as I could. Even the yarn is my hand-spun yarn! The slideshow video shows all the different things/ways I wanted to do this, but I decided for now It is staying this way, Because I like it!!

I really enjoyed this process, even the moving things around over and over. I learned how much help taking pics is, I needed them to get things "right!" #ooakartisans 

You can see my process in these two videos!~ Jean








No comments:

Post a Comment