Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Mixed Media Doodle Masterpiece with Jean Stambaugh Peter


WOW was this one a blast!! I was having a little block as to what project I wanted to do and was offered a challenge!! 




Jean P Designs OOAK Artisans Mixed Media

I was shown the picture of the above Zen Doodle workshop E magazine. After looking it over I just went right into my project. I also added an extra challenge to myself, I could not go look at the picture again, I just wanted to see if my inspiration and finished projects were close. The bird picture was the one I liked and after finishing I realized the background of the bird is trees!! Go figure, but this is the design my mind come up with!!


Jean P Designs OOAK Artisans Mixed Media









So I worked on a flat canvas board for this project, covering it first with old book pages. This was done because, even with not knowing what my finished project would be, I knew I was going to doodle on it. I do not like to use my pens on canvas, and the pages helped smooth it out!!


Jean P Designs OOAK Artisans Mixed Media






I added torn bits of gelli prints, doodled, drew my Face and used it as a pattern for more gelli prints and cut the shapes. I have to say this was an amazing picture to work on. I have already taken this idea and went with a quilt too!! Please check out the short video I have with pics of the steps on my you tube channel. ~ Jean




No comments:

Post a Comment