Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Mixed Media Refillable Journal with Jean Stambaugh Peter

What a project!! This was a breeze, the only idea I had when starting it was painting the fusible web!! Absolutely no idea from there, but it took my hand and showed me the way it wanted to go!!


Jean Stambaugh Peter, Mixed Media Refillable Journal, OOAK Artisans








So I started with the painting of the fusible, ironed it in to the heavy stabilizer added some stamping and then took off!! I knew I wanted to add more sheer fabrics because I wanted the colors to show through.


Jean Stambaugh Peter, Mixed Media Refillable Journal, OOAK Artisans








All the layers are totally out of my scrap basket. I tend to save the scraps everyone else tosses, but funny thing is , I use them!! So after adding all the layers I added the last layer of tulle, stitched around the edges and a few lines of stitching through out to help keep it in place!!


Jean Stambaugh Peter, Mixed Media Refillable Journal, OOAK Artisans










I then ironed the whole thing , with a layer of parchment paper to keep it from sticking this was the final step to hold in place!! I then used a cool stitch on my machine and stitched it together to form the cover!!


Jean Stambaugh Peter, Mixed Media Refillable Journal, OOAK Artisans










I then added my pages with an elastic headband so they are removable when they are all used up!! Just fold new pages and you are all set to fill ‘er up again!!

You can view the process in the Youtube video below, thank you for stopping by!
 ~ Jean



You can see more of Jean's creations online!

On her blog:  jeanpdesigns.blogspot.com/
On Youtube:  www.youtube.com/channel/UCjPlWV5crr-VyFwofj7FNMA   


NEWS:  Registration has opened for the BIG COLLAGE Workshop with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer! CLICK here to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment