Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Salvaged Mixed Media Art Journal Page with Leah Tees

Hello all, it's getting pretty chilly up here in the great white north, and I can't help but sit and create when it's this cold!  Who wants to be outside in this weather?  Not me!


Salvaged Art Journal Page, Leah Tees, OOAK Artisans






So, instead I sit in my nice warm room and create something fun for OOAK Artisan Showcase, lol. I created this page in my 5 x 7 vertical journal that I created myself. I used clothes tags for the background and covered it in gesso. I added some texture paste through a stencil and dry brushed some acrylic paint onto the surface to highlight the texture.


Salvaged Art Journal Page, Leah Tees, OOAK Artisans






I added some metal embellishments on some cheesecloth that I dyed with distress ink. Lastly, I added some metal brads, some bling and lastly I added some paint to some Tim Holtz big words and glued them down. Some black paint splatters complete my page :) I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did! ~ Leah










You can see more of Leah's art online!







NEWS:  Registration has opened for the BIG COLLAGE Workshop with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer! CLICK here to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment